Scholarships were established by Blue Mountain Power Co-op to recognize the academic accomplishments of children of Blue Mountain Power Co-op members and to assist and encourage further education. Two scholarships of $1,000 each are granted each year to the top applicants.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
- be a Canadian citizen (or permanent resident) and a resident of Alberta
- have at least one parent, or their legal guardian, be a member in good standing of Blue Mountain Power Co-op at the time of application
- be planning to enroll in the first year of a post-secondary program of at least two years in length
In addition, applicants must include:
- an essay describing their study plans and future career goals. The essay should be typed, double-spaced and no longer than 1,000 words
- a copy of their post-secondary institution acceptance letter
- official Government of Alberta transcripts (once available)
- two letters of reference either from teachers, employers, coaches, or religious representatives. The letter should describe the qualities the applicant displays which make them an appropriate candidate for this award. For example the letter may include information regarding the applicant’s academic standing, achievement in extracurricular activities, and/or community involvement.
Recipients will be chosen by a selection committee. Applicants will be judged on their academic success based on the average of their five highest Grade 12 courses with a minimum three credit value, their essay, and letters of reference.
Deadline: August 1 annually
Applications must be mailed to:
Blue Mountain Power Co-op
4920 – 43rd Street
Rocky Mountain House, AB
Submissions must be postmarked no later than August 1 of the submission year. For more information, please call 310-POWR.
All applicants will be notified of the results of their application by September 15 annually. Blue Mountain Power Co-op will arrange to present the awards to the two recipients.