We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Accounting Team Lead to join our strong accounting team at Blue Mountain Power Co-op. The successful candidate will play a key role in overseeing the financial health of the organization and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our financial records. Preference will be given to candidates willing to move to Rocky Mountain House, however, Hybrid work arrangements will also be considered.
About the Co-operative
Blue Mountain Power Co-op is an electric power distribution and retail energy provider with over 70 years of experience in providing dependable power to over 3800 rural sites across west-central Alberta. We proudly provide electric power services to rural residential, agricultural, and commercial members. Blue Mountain Power Co-op is continually growing and adapting as we operate in a competitive environment.
As a member-owned cooperative, we are owned by those we serve. Delivering power to rural communities allows us to contribute to the collective prosperity and wellbeing of our members and our community. We are committed to providing timely, efficient, and cost-effective power distribution; with skilled professionals, rigorous safety standards, and proven history of meeting our commitments.
- This position reports directly to the CFO of the organization.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations of the organization.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Work with the CFO on developing and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Assist in the monthly financial reporting to the Board and Executive team.
- Produce and develop monthly reconciliations.
- Oversee and facilitate payroll processes.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Administration of bank accounts, credit cards, and insurance
- Complete working papers for annual external audits.
- Supervise and mentor accounting staff, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA designation or pursing a designation.
- 5-years experience in accounting or finance roles
- Experience working for or auditing Not-For-Profits and/or Co-operatives is an asset.
- Experience with implementing new EPR systems is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Proficient in accounting software, and Microsoft Office Suite.
What Blue Mountain Power Co-op offers:
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental benefits
- Life and long-term disability
- RRSP contributions
- Health and wellness spending account
- Vacation and personal leave time
Please respond by email to:
Evan Staal, Chief Financial Officer